Jake Xerxes Fussell - Out Of Sight - New 2019 Record LP Black Vinyl - Folk / Country / Blues
STREET DATE: 6/7/19
On his third and most finely wrought album yet, guitarist, singer, and master interpreter Jake Xerxes Fussell is joined for the first time by a full band featuring Nathan Bowles (drums), Casey Toll (bass), Nathan Golub (pedal steel), Libby Rodenbough (violin, vocals), and James Anthony Wallace (piano, organ). An utterly transporting selection of traditional narrative folksongs addressing the troubles and delights of love, work, and wine (i.e., the things that matter), collected from a myriad of obscure sources and deftly metamorphosed, Out of Sight contains, among other moving curiosities, a fishmonger's cry that sounds like an astral lament ("The River St. Johns"); a cotton mill tune that humorously explores the unknown terrain of death and memory ("Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues"); and a fishermen's shanty/gospel song equally concerned with terrestrial boozing and heavenly transcendence ("Drinking of the Wine").
|A1||The River St. Johns|
|A2||Michael Was Hearty|
|B1||Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues|
|B2||The Rainbow Willow|
|B4||Drinking Of The Wine|
- Copyright (c) – Jake Xerxes Fussell
- Lacquer Cut At – Bonati Mastering
- Design, Layout – Brendan Greaves
- Double Bass [Upright Bass], Electric Bass – Casey Toll
- Drums – Nathan Bowles
- Mastered By – Josh Bonati
- Mixed By – Jeff Zeigler
- Performer, Arranged By – Jake Xerxes Fussell
- Piano, Organ – James Anthony Wallace*
- Recorded By – Nick Petersen
- Songwriter – Traditional
- Steel Guitar – Nathan Golub (3)
- Violin, Vocals – Libby Rodenbough
- Vocals, Guitar – Jake Xerxes Fussell
Recorded [...] Durham, NC.
Mixed [...] Philadelphia, PA.
Mastered [...] Brooklyn, NY.