Drab Majesty – Careless - New Vinyl LP Record 2017 - Darkwave / New Wave / Goth
Exploring the bins of discarded vinyl in his neighborhood thrift stores, Drab Majesty's toolkit expanded with the subterranean sonic gems of the recent past. Influences range from the virtuosic arpeggiated guitar work of Felt's Maurice Deebank and the grittier pop progressions of Red Lorry Yellow Lorry's Chris Reed as well as Steve Severin from Siouxsie and The Banshees. Studying the harmonic oscillations and utilization of the occult power of vibratory frequency present in New Age sounds of Greek artist, IASOS, Drab Majesty's persona and posture revolve around the ethereal. Following the release of his debut cassette EP, "UNARIAN DANCES", he also shared a split 12" with synth pop forefathers, Eleven Pond. During the Spring of 2015, Drab Majesty signed with Dais Records and released his first single, Unknown to the I, as a introduction for his first initial foray into the album format, romantically titled "Careless". Written over the course of 2 years, "Careless" is a compendium of songs that have outlasted a malicious burglary of his studio, his struggles with substance addiction, and most recently, the death of his beloved grandmother.
|A2||Entrance And Exits||4:06|
|A4||Everything Is Sentimental||5:51|
|B3||Unknown To The I||4:12|
- Copyright (c) – Drab Majesty Music
- Mastered At – Bonati Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – Bonati Mastering
- Layout – Gibby Miller
- Mastered By, Lacquer Cut By – Josh Bonati
- Mixed By – Matthew Powell
- Photography By [Album Photography] – Thomas McMahan
- Photography By [Photo Assistant] – Ryan Speers
- Photography By [Poster Photograph] – Nedda Afsari
- Producer, Art Direction, Other [Received], Written-By, Recorded By – Deb DeMure
- Recorded By – Andrew Clinco
Limited to 100 copies on Yellow vinyl and 400 copies on Black vinyl (this one).
Fourth pressing had a sticker on the front shrink wrap that included the bar code and promotional text.
A very special thanks to Gibby Miller and Ryan Martin, Matthew Powell, Thomas McMahan, Emma Ruth Rundle, Jillian Bleiweiss, Greg Alan & Future Music, Anthony Ferrara, Mike Clinco, and John Van Tongeren.
© 2015 Drab Majesty Music (ASCAP)
"The world belogs to the silent ones"
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh