Andy Hull & Robert McDowell - Swiss Army Man (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - New Vinyl 2016 Iam8bit Deluxe Edition on 'Ocean Blue' Vinyl with Paper Doll Playset and Gatefold Jacket - Soundtrack
A24, Lakeshore Records and iam8bit have rallied together to create one of the most unique vinyl albums in recent memory, as a compliment to one of Sundance 2016’s most breakout and gutsy films, Swiss Army Man.
Composed by Andy Hull and Robert McDowell, members of the prestigious Manchester Orchestra, the sounds present here aren’t what you’d expect. The duo has, in fact, shattered convention entirely, incorporating the melodic voices of stars Paul Dano and Daniel Radcliffe, into an almost completely A cappella experience.
No ordinary package design would do for such a transcendent soundtrack, so we’ve got that covered, too!
Through immaculate illustration, artist Mark Englert brings the film’s unusual and surprisingly sentimental universe to life with an album art concept that defies industry standards. While the media has pegged this as the “farting corpse movie,” what lies within the film’s moving narrative is a deep and complex friendship between Manny (Daniel Radcliffe) and Hank (Paul Dano). Lovingly accentuated via a paper doll diorama playset, several important character moments come to life against the backdrop of beachside beginnings (i.e. an inventive use of the record’s gatefold).
As with all new iam8bit music releases, the audio is mastered specifically for optimal vinyl audio quality.
|A2||Where Did You Come From?|
|A5||History Of The Universe|
|A7||When I Think About Mom|
|A8||Don’t Overthink Things|
|A9||Loved Back To Life|
|A10||Cotton Eye Joe|
|A12||Talk To Her|
|A13||Love Love (Manny's Song)|
|B5||The Big Raccoon|
|B7||Goodbye / Hello|
|B8||Don’t Tell Sarah|
|B9||Run Down The Mountain|
|B11||A Better Way|
- Licensed From – Lakeshore Records
- Engineered At – Favorite Gentlemen Studios
- Mixed At – Eldest Only Productions
- Copyright (c) – Lakeshore Records LLC.
- Pressed By – GZ Media – 148702E
- A&R [Director Of] – Eric Craig
- Art Direction, Design – John Bergin
- Artwork – Mark Englert
- Artwork [Swiss Army Manual] – Jared D. Weiss
- Composed By, Engineer, Mixed By – Robert McDowell
- Composed By, Mixed By – Andy Hull
- Engineer [Additional At Gigantic Post] – Kevin Peters, Perry Levy
- Engineer [Additional At Unbridled Sound] – Brent Kiser, Elliot Thompson, Jacob Gorski
- Executive-Producer [For Lakeshore] – Brian McNelis, Skip Williamson
- Mastered By – DNA Mastering
- Mixed By – Dan Hannon
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh