Saâda Bonaire – Saâda Bonaire - New Vinyl 2 Lp 2018 Captured Tracks Limited Edition Reissue on Clear Vinyl (Limited to 1000!) - New Wave / Synth-Pop
Street Date: 9/28/18
Saâda Bonaire. The fantastic German disco/world music project from Bremen which never was meant to be. Formed by Bremen DJ Ralf Behrendt in 1982, Saâda Bonaire was a unique concept band centered around two sultry female vocalists (Stefanie Lange and Claudia Hossfeld) and dozens of local musicians culled from the local immigration center. Originally signed to EMI in 1982, their first and only single, “You Could Be More As You Are” was produced by legendary Matumbi, Slits and Pop Group producer Dennis Bovell in Kraftwerk's studio in Cologne. Its fusion of husky female vocals, Eastern instruments, dub and African music aesthetics, drum computers and synthesizers remains unique to this day. EMI cancelled the project upon its release.Saâda Bonaire compiles two songs from the original EMI single plus eleven previously unreleased songs recorded between 1982 and 1985. Also included are never before published photos and in depth interviews with band members and a full gate fold cover for those dedicated vinyl buyers.Saâda Bonaire. A bizarre mix of Kraftwerk, Grace Jones, and Marlene Dietrich. These lost recordings from the early eighties still sound fresh on today's dance floor.
|A1||You Could Be More As You Are||5:57|
|B2||I Am So Curious||5:21|
|C1||Heart Over Head||4:37|
|C2||Shut The Door||5:15|
|C4||Give Me A Call||2:57|
|D1||Wake Up City||4:11|
- Recorded At – FDT-Tonstudio Bremen
- Recorded At – Sound Studio N
- Recorded At – EMI Studios, Cologne
- Recorded At – Dub City Studio
- Remastered At – Bonati Mastering
- Arranged By – Saâda Bonaire
- Artwork, Design [Original] – CCCP
- Backing Vocals – Can Sibel, Claudia Hossfeld, Dennis Bovell, Stephanie Lange
- Baglama [Saz] – Cemal Kocas, Zekai Ipek
- Bass – Frank "Opa" Ullrich
- Drums, Percussion – Dennis Bovell, Richard Stevens, Rüdiger "Isaac" Grünwald, Seskin Kaya
- Engineer – Friedrich Thein (tracks: A1, A2), Günther Kasper (tracks: A1, A2)
- Guitar – Dennis Bovell, Pierre Pouget
- Horns – Andreas Proff, Charly Mariano, Ekrem Özüag, Hans Kämper, Peter Tangermann
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Andreas Proff, Andreas Stock, Dennis Bovell, Volker Kahrs
- Layout, Design [Additional] – Ryan McCardle
- Lead Vocals – Claudia Hossfeld, Stephanie Lange
- Lyrics By – Paul Lindsay (tracks: D3)
- Management, Photography By – Ralph "von" Richthoven
- Performer [Saâda Bonaire] – Claudia Hossfeld, Stephanie Lange
- Producer, Engineer – Dennis Bovell (tracks: A1, A2)
- Producer, Engineer, Written-By – Ralph "von" Richthoven* (tracks: A3 to D3)
- Written-By – Claudia Hossfeld (tracks: A1, A2, A3, B2, B3), Stephanie Lange (tracks: A1 to D2)
Tracks A1 and A2 recorded at FDT Studio, Bremen & Sound Studio N, Köln.
Tracks A3, B2 & B6 pre-recorded at EMI-Studios, Cologne. Final recording and final mix at Dub-City Studios, Bremen.
All other tracks recorded at Dub-City Studios, Bremen.
Saâda Bonaire album compiles two songs from the original EMI single,
plus eleven previously unreleased songs recorded between 1982 and 1985.