Shame - Songs Of Praise - New Viny Lp 2018 Dead Oceans Limited Edition Picture Disc One-Time Pressing with (Japanese Hype Sticker!) - Rock / Post-Punk
Street Date 12/7/18
Shame thrives on confrontation. Whether it be the seething intensity crackling throughout debut LP Songs of Praise or the adrena- line-pumping chaos that unfolds at Shame’s shows, it’s all fueled by feeling. NPR’s Bob Boilen noted, “Of the 70 bands I saw at this year’s SXSW, the band Shame seemed to mean what they played more than any other.”
Utilizing both the grit and sincerity of that musical background, Shame carved out a niche in the South London music scene and then barreled fearlessly into the angular, thrashing post-punk that would go on to make up Songs of Praise, their Dead Oceans debut. From “Gold Hole,” a tongue-in-cheek takedown of rock narcissism, to lead single “Concrete” detailing the overwhelming moment of re- alizing a relationship is doomed, to the frustrated “Tasteless” taking aim at the monotony of people droning through their day-to-day, Songs of Praise never pauses to catch its breath.
|A1||Dust On Trial|
- Copyright (c) – Dead Oceans, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Dead Oceans, Inc.
- Recorded At – Rockfield Studios
- Mastered At – Alchemy Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – Alchemy Mastering
- Band [Shame], Bass Guitar – Josh Finerty
- Band [Shame], Drums – Charlie Forbes
- Band [Shame], Guitar – Eddie Green, Sean Coyle-Smith
- Band [Shame], Lead Vocals – Charlie Steen
- Engineer [Assistant Engineers] – Joe Jones, Paul Carr
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Sean Genockey
- Lacquer Cut By – Matt*
- Mastered By – Matt Colton
- Mixed By – Nathan Boddy
- Producer – Dan Foat, Nathan Boddy
- Programmed By [Programming], Keyboards [Keys] – Dan Foat, Nathan Boddy
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh