Abdullah Ibrahim – African Piano (1970) - New Vinyl Record ECM 180Gram Audiophile EU Reissue - Free Jazz / Soul Jazz
South African pianist-composer Abdullah Ibrahim (born Adolph Johannes Brand), still performing at the time of this 1969 live album under the moniker “Dollar” Brand, unleashed a mastery so enticing on African Piano, it’s a wonder that any of the folks at the club where it was recorded had the resolve to treat it as background to their dining. By the same token, reinforcement of that fact by constant ambient noises renders Ibrahim’s performance all the more sacred by contrast.
|A1||Bra Joe From Kilimanjaro||11:23|
|A2||Selby That The Eternal Spirit Is The Only Reality||1:55|
|B1||Sunset In Blue||4:26|
|B3||Jabulani - Easter Joy||2:06|
- Recorded At – Jazzhus Montmartre
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – JAPO/ECM Records GmbH
- Copyright (c) – JAPO/ECM Records GmbH
- Design [Cover Design] – Armin Becker
- Photography By [Cover] – lb Skovgaard Petersen
Recorded live October 1969 at Jazz-Hus Montmartre, Copenhagen.