Dan Deacon - Rat Film (Original Film Score) - New Cassette 2017 Domino Recordings Pink Tape - Soundtrack / Score
Street Date: 12/1/17
On Rat Film, Dan Deacon’s inspired soundtrack to the provocative essay-film of the same name, one of electronic music’s most exciting artists delivers his first full record devoted to modern composition. Concurrent with making his mark in popular music with his four ecstatic electronic-pop studio albums, he’s provided soundtracks for film and stage giants ranging from Francis Ford Coppola’s Twixt) to Justin Peck’s “The Times Are Racing” featured recently at the NYC Ballet, and scored projects for innovative video artists. Deacon’s impressive array of compositional commissions includes pieces with Kronos Quartet at Lincoln Center, Sigur Rós at the L.A. Philharmonic, and So Percussion at the Barbican Centre. Rat Film offers the first recorded document of this parallel career—and both as a self-contained album and a companion piece to an equally potent film, it astounds.
- Published By – Original Beatles Compositions
- Published By – 2011 Ribbon Music
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Domino Recording Co. Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Domino Recording Co. Ltd.
- Alto Saxophone – Andrew Bernstein
- Artwork – Sebastian Pardo
- Cello – Owen Gardner
- Electric Guitar – Steve Strohmeier
- Producer, Arranged By, Mixed By – Dan Deacon
- Remastered By – Simon Heyworth
- Written-By – Dan Deacon, Owen Gardner (tracks: B4)
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
A film by Theo Anthony
Music by Dan Deacon
A MEMORY production Rat Film
produced by Riel Roch-Decter Sebastian Pardo
editing, photography & direction by Theo Anthony
original score written, Arranged & produced by Dan Deacon