The Promise Ring – Wood/Water - New Vinyl 2 Lp 2018 Anti- Reissue on Clear Vinyl with Gatefold Jacket - Indie Rock / Emo
Street Date: 10/5/18
Wood/Water (2002) is the fifth and final album by The Promise Ring, and their first for Anti- Records. Long-time fans may have been surprised with Wood/Water, as it’s sound was a depar-ture from the band’s previous releases. The album had a drastic change of pace with a more introspective tone and shimmering atmospheric songs. Hailing from Milwaukee, The Promise Ring weren’t just emblematic of ‘90s Midwestern emo: they were one of the most celebrated bands in the history of the genre. Under the leadership of frontman Davey Von Bohlen of Cap’n Jazz, their sound incorporated elements of power pop that would become more popular in later years. They broke up in 2002 and after nearly a decade of inactivity The Promise Ring officially reunited in February 2012.
|A1||Size Of Your Life||3:08|
|A2||Stop Playing Guitar||5:04|
|A4||Letters To The Far Reaches||2:40|
|B1||Become One Anything One Time||4:18|
|B2||Wake Up April||5:06|
|B3||Get On The Floor||4:13|
|B4||My Life Is At Home||4:14|
|C1||Half Year Sun||5:38|
|C2||Bread & Coffee||3:35|
|D3||Say Goodbye Good||6:36|
|D4||Feed The Night||3:03|
- Copyright (c) – Anti-
- Art Direction, Design – J. Gnewikow
- Bass, Guitar – Ryan Weber
- Booking [European Agent At Free Trade Ageny] – Paul Boswell
- Booking [U.S. Agent At Flower Booking] – Tim Edwards
- Drums, Keyboards, Percussion – Dan Didier
- Engineer – Cenzo Townsend*, Stephen Street
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jon Olliffe
- Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion – Jason Gnewikow
- Legal [Grubman, Indursky & Schindler] – Richard Greabel
- Management [At 3AM] – Jeff Castelaz
- Management [Business Manager At Zeisler, Zeisler & Rawson] – David Rawson
- Mastered By – Stephen Marcussen
- Other [Publisher At Warner/Chappell] – Kenny McPherson
- Photography By – Christopher Stong*
- Producer, Mixed By – Mario Caldato Jr., Stephen Street
- Vocals, Guitar – Davey von Bohlen
- Written-By – The Promise Ring
Jason Gnewikow - Guitar, keyboards and percussion.
Dan Didier - Drums, keyboards and percussion.
Ryan Weber - Bass and guitar.
Produced and mixed by Stephen Street.
Engineered by Stephen Street and Cenzo Townsend. Assisted by Jon Olliffe.
Recorded and mixed at Jacobs Studios / Farnham, England
Mastered by Stephen Marcussen Mastering / Los Angeles, CA
Written by The Promise Ring
All composition ©2002 Darling Partisan/Tornado Country Music/To Vera Sue/WBM Music Corp. (SESAC)