King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard – Polygondwanaland - New Lp Record 2017 Shuga Exclusive Clear Vinyl & Hand Screen Screened Starman Press Cover & Glow In The Dark Slipmat, Lyric/Liner Notes Insert, Poster & Sticker - Psychedelic Rock
King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard – Polygondwanaland
BIG BABY SHUG SAYS:
Annnnnnnnd we're back, baby. Door number 4 has unsheathed it's sugar-candied acid exterior to present our third rock from the Sun with another gift from our lord and gizzard, our wizard of lizards, our kings of kraut, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Due to the sheer volume and dexterity of potential mass-destruction this treacherous reel of satan's tape may unleash upon the world, yung baby Gizz have decided to present the fate of such a psychedelic atom bomb into the sweaty palms of our Earth's populace as public domain, meaning anybody (ANYBODY) can make anything of this here nugget o' destruction (plus it's free to download online). Lo and behold, in proper ritual to our godly Aussies, we got our sh*t together and pulled one hell of a vinyl release out from the depths of hell itself for ya. As far as this newest installment in a 5-album release agenda that could rival even the most sweat-inducing of Game of Thrones cliff-hangers, we see a slight revisitation to some of the zany, odd-timed madness explored on odyssey records like Nonagon Infinity and an Eastern-influenced Flying Microtonal Banana. Amidst the scape of this record are some truly demonically catchy riffs/grooves that almost bring a listener from a psych record to a Sleep cut, which really sets this release aside as it's own unique piece of the 5-part puzzle that Gizz is trying to convey this year. Either way, this lil spawn of gooey evil is here on a spooky clear wax, plus the cover is HAND-SCREENED by our fellow appreciators of face-melting psychedelia, Starman Press. OH, plus your nitpicky collector tush gets a free GLOW IN THE DARK slipmat, a fine-ass poster, and a sticker. I don't know what else to tell you, my fellow mortal. Number four is on the floor. Once again, dig you some new Gizz.
We have added a hand screen printed cover and insert sheet from Starman Press!
Starman has printed for King Gizzard before as well as Tame Impala, Pond, Mac DeMarco, War On Drugs, Kurt Vile, Father John Misty, Deerhunter, Freddie Gibbs,Andrew Bird, Courtney Barnett, DIIV, Cloud Nothings, Foxygen and many others.
-1st Pressing of 500 made on clear vinyl.
-Hand Printed 8 screen signed & number cover by Andy Schmidt from Starman Press
-Hand screen printed double sided 12" lyrics insert sheet
-18"x24" folded full color poster
-Glow in the dark slipmat
*All records will include plastic outer Protective sleeve. We will not be getting these shrink wrapped and they will all be hand numbered here at the shop.
|A3||The Castle In The Air||2:47|
|A4||Deserted Dunes Welcome Weary Feet||3:33|
|B6||The Fourth Colour||6:12|
- Acoustic Guitar – Joey Walker* (tracks: 3, 5), Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 2, 4, 8 to 10)
- Artwork, Layout – Jason Galea
- Bass Guitar – Joey Walker* (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 8), Lucas Skinner (tracks: 10), Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 1, 3, 7, 9)
- Drums – Michael Cavanagh (2) (tracks: 1 to 8)
- Electric Guitar – Cook Craig (tracks: 1, 8, 10), Joey Walker* (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10), Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 10)
- Flute – Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5 to 8)
- Harmonica – Ambrose Kenny-Smith (tracks: 1, 3, 8, 10)
- Management – Eric Moore (6)
- Marimba [Glass Marimba] – Michael Cavanagh (2) (tracks: 1), Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 1)
- Mastered By – Joe Carra*
- Mellotron – Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 2, 4)
- Mixed By – Sam Joseph*
- Percussion – Joey Walker* (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10), Michael Cavanagh (2) (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 8, 10), Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 9)
- Producer [Produced By] – Stu Mackenzie
- Recorded By – Casey Hartnett (tracks: 2, 5, 7, 8), Ryan K. Brennan (tracks: 1, 10), Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 6, 9)
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – Joey Walker*
- Synthesizer – Cook Craig (tracks: 9, 10), Joey Walker* (tracks: 5, 6, 7, 9, 10), Lucas Skinner (tracks: 7), Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Vocals – Ambrose Kenny-Smith (tracks: 8, 10), Joey Walker* (tracks: 1 to 8, 10), Stu Mackenzie (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Voice [Spoken Word] – Leah Senior (tracks: 3)
NotesThis album was released as a free download with the band encouraging fans to create their own physical copies with provided templates.
Tracks 2, 5, 7 and 8 recorded by Casey Hartnett at Flightless HQ.
Tracks 6 and 9 recorded by Stu Mackenzie at Flightless HQ.
Tracks 1 and 10 recorded by Ryan K. Brennan at Tender Trap Studios, Melbourne.
Additional recording by Stu Mackenzie and Joey Walker at Flightless HQ.