Black Sabbath – Vol 4 (1972) - New Vinyl 2016 Warner 180Gram Reissue (from the 2009 Remaster) with 4-Page Booklet and Gatefold Jacket - Metal / Proto-Doom / Praise Iommi
Street Date: 8/5/16
Vol. 4 is the fourth studio album by English rock band Black Sabbath, released in September 1972. It was the first album by Black Sabbath not produced by Rodger Bain; guitarist Tony Iommi assumed production duties. Patrick Meehan, the band's then-manager, was listed as co-producer, though his actual involvement in the album's production was minimal at best. Vol. 4 sees Black Sabbath beginning to experiment with the heavy sound they had become known for. In June 2013 Mojo declared, "If booze and dope had helped fuel Sabbath's earlier albums, Vol. 4 is their cocaine ... Despite their spiraling addictions, musically Vol. 4 is another ambitious outing.
|A1||Wheels Of Confusion|
|B4||St. Vitus Dance|
|B5||Under The Sun|
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Manufactured By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Marketed By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Arranged By [All Arrangements] – Black Sabbath
- Design [Cover Design] – Bloomsbury Group
- Engineer – Colin Caldwell, Vic Smith
- Photography By – Keith McMillan
- Producer – Black Sabbath, Patrick Meehan
Comes with printed inner sleeve replicating the original 4 page photo booklet inside the gatefold sleeve.
The record itself is supplied in a separate white polylined inner sleeve.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh